Below we have provided a list of pricing for each of our services as a convenience to our customers.
Our company handles all of our estimating through email. If you’d like to get the estimate process started, please email some of the details about your project. Helpful info includes; room sizes or the square footage, the service you would like to have done, if their is flooring to be removed, and pictures are also helpful.
Once we have provided you with an estimate via email, if you decide that you would like to hire us, we are happy to visit your home (if you prefer, but it’s not always necessary on our end). At that time we can measure the space, confirm the pricing on the estimate we already provided to you, show you samples, set dates for doing the work, collect a deposit for the work and provide you with a formal concrete bid.
If you are unable to measure the space, don’t want to deal with it or just want to jump right to having one of us out, we are happy to do just that. However, we do charge $99 to visit peoples homes. This $99 charge is then applied to your final invoice if you decide to work with us, thus making the visit free. If you decide not to hire us, then the $99 is considered compensation for the time, fuel and time putting together your estimate etc. Please understand our time is very valuable and we cannot take the chance of giving someone some of our time that don’t plan to hire us. Again, we’ve provided upfront pricing below, and we do offer free estimates via email 🙂
Hardwood Floor Restoration (Residential & Commercial)
- Sandless Refinish (Buff & Recoat) $1 per sq ft (your choice of Bona® oil or water finish) Buff & Recoat w/ Bona Traffic® commercial grade finish $1.49 per sqft — Add 75₵/sf for each additional coating of either finish ($750 Minimum)
- Sandless Refinish Factory Finished (prefinished) Floors (Buff & Recoat) $1.99 per sq ft(your choice of Bona® oil or water finish) Buff & Recoat w/ Bona Traffic® commercial grade finish $2.49 per sqft — Add 75₵/sf for each additional coating of either finish ($750 Minimum)
- Sand & Refinish – 3 coatings of Natural/Clear Bona Woodline® Oil finish, or Bona Mega® Waterborne finish from $4.99 per square foot ($3,000 minimum)
- Sand & Refinish with the ultimate in durability (2 component Waterbased Finish) Natural/Clear Bona Traffic® or Basic Coatings Street Shoe® from $5.99 per square foot ($2,500 minimum)
- Sand & Refinish w/ Rubio Monocoat® Hardwax Oil from $5.99 per square foot ($3,000 minimum) See Rubio Monocoat Colors
- Staining (provide color samples, water pretreatment “water popping”, stain product + application of stain) Add $1.49/sf onto cost of installation or refinishing charges See Stain Colors
- Sand & Finish w/ custom finishing techniques including; fuming, smoking, pre colors etc – from $6.49 per sq ft See Custom Finishing Options
- Wire brushing (A texturing technique that removes some of the soft grain of the wood) – From $1.99 per sqft
- Bleaching To create a mild white washed look, or to help tone down reddish/pink colors showing through stain when using lighter colored stains add $1/sf
- Fuming A graying effect caused by a natural reaction with the tannins present in certain woods – add $1/sf
- Ebonizing – A graying/blackening effect caused by a natural reaction with the tannis present in certain woods add $1/sf
- Pre Coloring – These are dyes that are used prior to finishing which helps create very deep coloring and or textured looks – from $1.99/sf
- Dyes – These are for coloring woods that would otherwise be hard to stain evenly, or to achieve other looks that stain won’t get such as black floors etc. – from $1.99/sf
- Ceruse – This is an old wood working technique of making the wood grain a different color than the rest of the wood, creating a 2 toned look – from $2.99/sf
- Lye Pretreatments – Lye treatments are done prior to staining and or finishing, they provide a white or gray driftwood sort of coloring to some woods, these can then be coated with another color (for a textured look or to add depth) or they can be naturally finished with any of our other finishes. – from $1/sf
See Rubio’s color options
- Additional Finish Coatings $1 per square foot, or $1.49 per square foot for 2 – See floor finishes
- Staining $1.49 per square foot (this includes; a water pretreatment to help stain take evenly “water popping”, the extra sanding steps needed to prepare the floors for stain, the stain of your choice, unlimited sample options, and extra sanding done with our State of the Art Lagler Trio Sanders, which makes for the perfect sand job. This is essential when staining ) – See stain colors
- Solid wood stair tread & riser refinishing ($75-$100 per tread – $75-$100 per riser)
- Sand ONLY (You do the finishing) – from $3.49 per square foot
Flooring Installation (Residential & Commercial)
- Installation of prefinished engineered wood floors or Pre finished Solid from $4.99 per square foot ($3,000 Minimum) (Glue down installation is extra)
- Install, Sand & Finish site finished flooring from $6.99 per square foot ($3,000 Minimum) (Add $1.49 per sq ft for staining/Add $1/sf for Traffic or Rubio Hardwax finish) – custom finishing techniques are extra
- Install stair treads – $100-$150 each (price varies upon size, removal/demo involved etc)
- Install stair risers – $75-$125 each
- Wirebrushing (to create a cool modern textured/distressed look to new or refinished floors) – From $1.99 per sqft
- Remove and reinstall baseboards or quarter round– $199-$599 depending upon job size (larger projects can cost a bit more – you can do this to save some cost or they can be left in place, but may require some touch up)
- Flush mount wood vents & Installation $100-$150 each depending upon wood species
- Flooring Delivery $50-$100 (For flooring that is shipped in additional freight charges can apply)
- Treat subfloor with a roll on primer (great for pet stains and smells) 75¢ per square foot
- Carpet Removal & Disposal $1.25 per square foot
- Tile Removal & Disposal $3-$4 per square foot
- Onsite Dumpster – $175-$550 depending upon the size needed
Get an Estimate!
Use our handy little hardwood flooring estimate calculator to get a rough estimate of what your project may cost!